The present audiologist, Paul Peryman, trained in audiology at the University of Melbourne, Australia. He worked as Sole Charge Audiologist
at Northland Base Hospital in Whangarei, New Zealand for four years before moving to van Asch Deaf Education Centre in 1987. Paul's
special interests and areas of experience include behavioural paediatric audiology, the assessment of speech perception in children,
the fitting and adjustment of hearing aid/s for children, and parent/family/whanau guidance counselling and support.
- Paul is a Full Member of the New Zealand Audiological Society (NZAS).
- He is a member of the NZAS Standards and Supervision Committees.
- He is the founding editor of and contributor to the Bulletin of the NZAS.
- He takes part in and has presented papers at conferences.
- He contributes to workshops and resource development at the Ida Institute in Denmark.
- He takes part in working groups convened by the Ministries of Health and Education in New Zealand.
- He is involved in the supervision and training of students for the Master of Audiology postgraduate degree at the University of Canterbury
in Christchurch New Zealand.
- He is involved in the training of teachers of the deaf at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch New Zealand.
Audiology Office Opening Times
Monday to Friday - 8.30 am to 12.30 pm, 1.30 pm to 5.00 pm